Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tribal Nail Design


This is my insperation. I love this design! I know mine isn't as neat
but I will keep practicing!






Tribal Nails
What you will need:
Light Brown/Tan nail polish
White nail polish and white nail art polish
Gold nail polish w/ sparkles
Black nail art polish
Toothpick

I am obsessed with anything tribal print! So when I saw this design online I just had to try it! This design takes a while to do so make sure you leave enough time to finish. I painted mine late at night and got too tired to paint both hands :). I hope it will be an easy design and one you can wear everyday! It's perfect if you're obsessed with tribal print like me!


First paint the base coat (thumb and middle finger light brown, pointer finger and pinkie white, and ring finger gold). On your pinkie paint three black lines, then alternate diagonal lines to make a zigzag pattern. Next on your middle finger paint a white line down the middle and on the left side of the line make a black zigzag. To the right of the line paint a gold line then a black line. There should be one stripe of light brown when you finish. Then on your pointer finger paint two lines. To the very left paint three diagonal lines(make them small) then paint three diagonals going the other direction and so on until you get to the top of your nail. Last for the tricky part, the thumb. Leave enough space at the bottom so you can paint a zigzag (I know a lot of zigzags!) and paint a gold line then a white line. Next leave a little more space above the white line and paint a thin black line, a thicker white line, and a thin black line. Go back to the bottom and paint a black zigzag and use a toothpick to paint white polka dots on the outside of the zigzag. In the other space you skipped at the top paint black diagonal lines. Now for the last part! Paint a wavy line in the white closest to the top of your thumb and take a toothpick and paint black dots on the outside of the wave. Your done! All that's left is a top coat to keep the design looking shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment